hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Marton Elek <me...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: About 2.7.4 Release
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 18:47:44 GMT

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am opening the following JIRAs:

1. Create dev-support scripts to do the bulk jira updates required by the releases (check
remaining jiras, update fix versions, etc.)

2. Create a 'wizzard' like script which guide through the release process (all the steps from
the wiki pages, not just a build. But it may be an extension of the existing script):

  Goals:
  * It would work even without the apache infrastructure: with custom configuration (forked
repositories/alternative nexus), it would be possible to test the scripts even by a non-commiter.

  * every step which could be automated should be scripted (create git branches, build,...).
if something could be not automated there an explanation could be printed out, and wait for
confirmation
  * Before dangerous steps (eg. bulk jira update) we can ask for confirmation and explain
what will be happened (eg. the following jira items will be changed: ....)
  * The run should be idempontent (and there should be an option to continue the release from
any steps).

3. Migrate the forrest based home page to a use a modern static site generator.

  Goals: * existing links should work (or at least redirected)
             * It should be easy to add more content required by a release automatically

4. It's not about the release, but I think the current maven site theme also could be updated
to use a (more modern) theme, which could be similar to the main site from step 3.

Let me know if you have any other suggestion for actionable items. Or comment the Jiras if
you have more specific requirements.

Marton

ps: Vinod, I will contact with you, soon.