hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2017 23:52:25 GMT
Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
review.

Best,
Andrew

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily burning
> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA and
> likely to be committed shortly.
>
> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the alpha2
> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
> alpha2 branch.
>
> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there will
> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/
> Hadoop+3.0.0+release
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating fixes
>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(
>> HADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%
>> 22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-
>> beta1%2C%202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(
>> Complete)%20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>>
>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like this:
>>
>> * alpha2 in early November
>> * beta1 in early Jan
>> * GA in early March
>>
>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
>> on the above JIRA search.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message