hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC0)
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 04:13:39 GMT

I am not sure whether we can stop RC or not. But it will be good to have all commits in CHANGES.txt.

Theoretically it should be fine to ensure  bythetime vote pass(As there are no source code
commit missed).Let's somebody else pitch in this.

Bytheway for branch-2.7, I raised HADOOP-13670 to track and even I sent mail for attention.

Thanks And Regards
Brahma Reddy Battula

________________________________
From: sjlee0@gmail.com <sjlee0@gmail.com> on behalf of Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 2, 2016 6:10 AM
To: Brahma Reddy Battula
Cc: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.5 (RC0)

I took a look at the commits that are part of 2.6.5, and sadly I count a total of 18 of them
that either are missing the corresponding entries or have incorrect release versions in CHANGES.txt.
And I'm not even thinking about possible missing entries in earlier releases. :(

I think us committers need to pay greater attention to detail when we port fixes to 2.6.x
and 2.7.x where CHANGES.txt are still used. The rate of missing entries in CHANGES.txt is
too high.

Due to this high number of missing entries, I am leaning towards cutting another RC where
at least 2.6.5 entries all fixed. Let me know what you all think (whether this is something
that should stop the RC).

Regards,
Sangjin

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org<mailto:sjlee@apache.org>>