hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Updation of Change.txt in branch-2.7
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 11:44:30 GMT

To track this, I raised HADOOP-13670..Thanks Akira Ajisaka for review.

2.7.4 having incompatible and new feature:

===================================

I found one incompatible (HDFS-7933) and one new feature(HDFS-9804) are there..

As per versioning rule, we should not include incompatible and new features.

http://hadoop.apache.org/versioning.html

I think, we should revert this..

2.7.3 release notes broken:

HADOOP-13434 issue is missed from 2.7.3 release notes.

Please let me know, your views on this..

Apache Hadoop Release Versioning<http://hadoop.apache.org/versioning.html>
hadoop.apache.org
Apache Hadoop uses a version format of .., where each version component is a numeric value.
Versions can also have additional suffixes like ...

Thanks And Regards
Brahma Reddy Battula