hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Pre-commit build in Windows platform
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:44:23 GMT

On 28 Oct 2016, at 04:20, Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com<mailto:brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com>>
wrote:

Hi All

As we supporting the Hadoop in windows, I feel, we should have pre-commit build in windows(
atleast in qbt).

We've never had it work too well with Windows precommit & Jenkins; maybe someone could
volunteer to try again. What's important is not to overwhelm the JIRAs with noise that gets
ignored.

Background:

As of now pre-commit will not run on windows, we may end up with following

1)      Test cases  can fail in windows

2)      Compilation Error (now it's failing, after HADOOP-10075)

I've not had branch-3 building for a while, though maybe it's my Windows Server VM that's
a mess. Maybe I should rm it and grab the limited-lifespan dev box, then add the extra Hadoop
bits https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines

3)      Some feature might not work

It will be good, if we catch all these at time of commit. (Prevention is better than cure..:)
)

I think a first step would be to have scheduled builds on windows; ideally with people caring
that they are playing up.

Anyway,

+1 for more windows testing