hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Pre-commit build in Windows platform
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 03:20:07 GMT
Hi All

As we supporting the Hadoop in windows, I feel, we should have pre-commit build in windows(
atleast in qbt).

Background:

As of now pre-commit will not run on windows, we may end up with following

1)      Test cases  can fail in windows

2)      Compilation Error (now it's failing, after HADOOP-10075)

3)      Some feature might not work

It will be good, if we catch all these at time of commit. (Prevention is better than cure..:)
)

If it's already discussed and concluded, Please ignore me and let us know the conclusion.

--Brahma Reddy Battula