hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-13636 and io.bytes.per.checksum
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 12:11:19 GMT

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 4:24 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>

> On 23 Sep 2016, at 18:55, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com<mailto:andrew.wang@cloudera.com>>
wrote:

> Have you git blamed to dig up the original JIRA conversation? I think that deprecation
predates many of us, so you might not get much historical perspective from the mailing list.

> its so old that it's lost in the history of the "show git history for selection" feature
in IDEA which does exactly that.

> I'm happy to lend a +1 though, since like you said, it doesn't seem like that config
key is going anywhere.

	dfs.bytes-per-checksum was added as part of HADOOP-6419 / 00de6db0e3976cf0108010ecbd6e73a5ceab7b1f.
 It looks like the internal-to-Yahoo! commit that was part of that one accidentally included
a lot more than what was documented. So if there is any ASF-level documentation of the change,
it's going to be in a JIRA patch somewhere, likely in the 0.20 timeline.