hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: Merge IPv6
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:55:20 GMT

> On Aug 19, 2016, at 4:38 PM, Elliott Clark <eclark@apache.org> wrote:
>
> HADOOP-11890 Is the related jira.

I've added some comments to that JIRA regarding an actual code issue.

But I have a general question that probably isn't appropriate for the JIRA (yet?).

Way back in the 0.20 days, the NN didn't handle IP multi-pathing very well without a lot of
extra DNS rigging such that all addresses used could be resolved back to the hostname in the
includes file.  Packets from non-matching addresses were, of course, dropped.  Given the nature
of IPv6, has the testing included only statically assigned addresses or has stateless autoconfig
(either local or RA-based) been tested?  If so, what was the state of DNS vs. the include
file?  If only static has been tested, is that documented so that users don't fall into a
hole?

Thanks.