hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Setting JIRA fix versions for 3.0.0 releases
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 18:34:59 GMT
Hi all,

Since we're planning to spin releases off of both branch-2 and trunk, the
changelog for 3.0.0-alpha1 based on JIRA information isn't accurate. This
is because historically, we've only set 2.x fix versions, and 2.8.0 and
2.9.0 and etc have not been released. So there's a whole bunch of changes
which will show up for the first time in 3.0.0-alpha1.

I think I can write a script to (carefully) add 3.0.0-alpha1 to these
JIRAs, but I figured I'd give a heads up here in case anyone felt
differently. I can also update the HowToCommit page to match.

Thanks,
Andrew