hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Payne <erichadoo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 22:59:44 GMT
+1 (non-binding)
Thanks, Vinod, for all of your hard work and congratulations in completing this release.
After downloading and building the source, I installed Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0 on a 3-node, multi-tenant,
insecure cluster. I ran manual tests to ensure the following:
- Ensure that user limit percent is honored for multiple users in the same queue
- Ensure that cross-queue preemption occurs when a preemptable queue is over its guaranteed
capacity
- Ensure that jobs submitted to labelled queues only run on the labelled nodes.
- Ensure that RM UI shows correct queue resource metrics when jobs are running in labelled
queues (YARN-4751).
- Ensure that a yarn distributed shell application can be launched and complete successfully.

Eric Payne
      From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>
 To: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; "mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>

Cc: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 9:15 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0

Hi all,

I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.

The RC is available for validation at: http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/ <http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/>
at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1040/>

The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

As you may have noted, a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893)
caused 2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This release's
related discussion thread is linked below: [1].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,
Vinod

[1]: 2.7.3 release plan: https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html
<http://markmail.org/thread/6yv2fyrs4jlepmmr>