hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.6.x line releases
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 21:23:56 GMT
It wasn’t a vote. PMC doesn’t vote on code-changes.

It was an extensive community discussion. We arrived at that decision to reflect the reality
that not many users were running JDK6 anyways at that point of time.

Sorry to bust the bubble, this is not one of those things that supports your propaganda about
how branch-2 is bust.

+Vinod

> On Jul 22, 2016, at 3:59 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@effectivemachines.com> wrote:
>
> (It's interesting that ~2 years later, we're still dealing with the fallout of the JRE
compatibility break in 2.7.  I wonder how many of those PMCs who voted for it are still actively
involved.)