hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "MrAsanjar ." <afsan...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop CI with alternate architectures.
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 05:45:42 GMT
I am writing this email to reduce mishaps similar to the issue reported by
JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11505. In a nutshell, an
x86 specific
performance enhancement broke Hadoop build on Power and SPARC architecture.
To avoid similar issues in future, could I offer my help here, as a
OpenPOWER foundation member.
For example, we could contribute a Power based Jenkins slave(s) to Apache
Hadoop CI. As we  have successfully done similar contribution to Apache
Bigtop CI in past  https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/computer/docker-slave-ppc-1/.
Thus, we could catch any regressions earlier in Hadoop  development cycle.
I'd appreciate community's guidance on this.