hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] upgrade tomcat from 6.0.44 to 6.0.45 and use non apache.org mirror
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 04:22:35 GMT

> On May 17, 2016, at 8:32 PM, Wangda Tan <wheeleast@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure if archive.apache.org enforces some new bandwidth limit
> policies recently, I haven't seen such bandwidth limits before. We should
> consider to fix it If more people complaint about such failures.

	Chances are, either:

a) You’re doing too many full builds

b) Hortonworks is NAT’ing all the connections out to a single/small chunk of IPs, which
means the entire company’s bandwidth is counted as one

	In either case, I’d hope large Hadoop vendors would have local repositories to use instead
of constantly hitting the ASF.  Nobody else building Hadoop should even be getting close.

> A workaround for this issue is pass -Dtomcat.download.url to manual set a
> download url of tomcat packages.

	Yup…. which means for large consumers (HW, C, etc), this shouldn’t be a problem.