hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: 2.7.3 release plan
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 08:12:35 GMT
Hi payam,

Please send an e-mail from your address to
common-dev-unsubscribe@hadoop.apache.org

mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: Re: 2.7.3 release plan
>
> Thank you Vinod!
>
> FYI: 2.7.3 will be a bit special release.
>
> HDFS-8791 bumped up the datanode layout version,
> so rolling downgrade from 2.7.3 to 2.7.[0-2]
> is impossible. We can rollback instead.

> https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsRollingUpgrade.html
>
> Regards,
> Akira
>
> On 3/31/16 08:18, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Got nudged about 2.7.3. Was previously waiting for 2.6.4 to go out (which did go
out mid February). Got a little busy since.

>> Following up the 2.7.2 maintenance release, we should work towards a 2.7.3. The focus
obviously is to have blocker issues [1], bug-fixes and *no* features / improvements.

>> I hope to cut an RC in a week - giving enough time for outstanding blocker / critical
issues. Will start moving out any tickets that are not blockers and/or won’t fit the timeline
- there are 3 blockers and 15 critical tickets outstanding as of now.