hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hadoop-integration-tests jenkins job
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 17:00:18 GMT
It seems pretty reasonable to make this part of the nightly build.

cheers,
Colin

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Allen Wittenauer
<allenwittenauer@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>         Given that we’re down to half our capacity in build-land, it’s interesting
to see what everyone’s running since everything runs slower.  You can find some interesting
bits.  Like ‘hadoop-integration-tests’.

>         Is this job actually providing any value, especially with an aggressive hourly
check schedule? Why is it doing so much multiple times?  Is findbugs or checkstyle going to
magically change in the repo?  Why bother doing a clean when you started out with a clean
install?  Shouldn’t all of this really be part of the nightlies anyway?