hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Branch policy question
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 21:09:25 GMT

> On 22 Mar 2016, at 16:14, Allen Wittenauer <aw@apache.org> wrote:
>

> 	Since it’s nearly impossible for me to get timely reviews for some build and script
changes, is it possible for me to setup a branch, self review+commit to that branch, then
request a branch merge?  I’m basically looking at doing this for HADOOP-12857 + HADOOP-12930
and their subtasks esp since they are very order dependent.  I don’t know if a branch is
easier to review, honestly, but at least I wouldn’t be blocked on making progress...

> 	Thanks.

+1

I've seen your patches but they are beyond the ability of me to handle. If you can iterate
around then you've got one branch for evolving & testing and then one merge when you want
to get the final bits in