hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Akira AJISAKA <ajisa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.7.3 release?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:42:33 GMT
I'd like to help the release process as a release manager.
First, I'll look into the jiras in the following lists.

* 2.7.3 critical/blocker issues (19): https://s.apache.org/X5pt
* 2.8.0 critical/blocker issues (61): https://s.apache.org/SXuo

We should fix them as soon as possible to release 2.7.3/2.8.0 earlier.

Regards,
Akira

On 3/30/16 02:56, Sean Busbey wrote:
> Could we train up some additional volunteers to act as release
> managers? We shouldn't put all the weight of running maintenance
> releases on just you Vinod.
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
> <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>> Sorry, I got busy offline on various things for a couple of months - so 2.7.3 suffered.
>>
>> 2.8.0 also suffered, but because javadocs etc are completely broken on branch-2,
and I had spent quite a bit of time narrowing down all the backports needed, sigh.