hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject 2.7.3 release plan
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 23:18:19 GMT
Hi all,

Got nudged about 2.7.3. Was previously waiting for 2.6.4 to go out (which did go out mid February).
Got a little busy since.

Following up the 2.7.2 maintenance release, we should work towards a 2.7.3. The focus obviously
is to have blocker issues [1], bug-fixes and *no* features / improvements.

I hope to cut an RC in a week - giving enough time for outstanding blocker / critical issues.
Will start moving out any tickets that are not blockers and/or won’t fit the timeline -
there are 3 blockers and 15 critical tickets outstanding as of now.

Thanks,
+Vinod

[1] 2.7.3 release blockers: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12335343