hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Payne <eric.payne1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 RC0
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 20:19:46 GMT
Naganarasimha Garla, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I used the node ID. I did not include a port. Here are the steps I used, which work for
me on 2.7:

- yarn rmadmin -addToClusterNodeLabels abc
- yarn rmadmin -replaceLabelsOnNode hostname.company.com=abc
- configure queue properties as appropriate
- yarn rmadmin -refreshQueues

As I say, this works for me when I try it on 2.7 and later. It's probably something with my
environment. I will continue to look into it.

Thanks for your help
-Eric

________________________________
From: Naganarasimha Garla <naganarasimha.gr@gmail.com>
To: mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; Eric Payne <eric.payne1000@yahoo.com>
Cc: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org"
<hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2016 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 RC0

+1 (non binding)

* Downloaded hadoop-2.6.4-RC0-src.tar.gz- built from source both package, install, and verified
the MD5 checksum

* Did a Pseudo cluster and tested basic hdfs operations
* Ran sleep job and Pi job
* Added node label and ran job under the label by configuring default-node-label-expression
and it ran fine

Eric Payne,
Hope you tried adding/replacing the labels using NodeId/Node Address and not the HTTP address!
I executed the following command to configure the label and node
  "./yarn rmadmin -replaceLabelsOnNode  "localhost:43795,test1"  "
After this was able to submit the job for a label

Regards,
+ Naga

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM, Eric Payne <eric.payne1000@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Hi Junping Du. Thank you for your work preparing this release.
>I did the following things to test release Hadoop 2.6.4 rc0:- Downloaded hadoop-2.6.4-RC0-src.tar.gz-
built from source both package, install, and eclipse:eclipse- Set up a 3-node, unsecured cluster
with 3 queues, one of which has preemption enabled- Ran a successful test to ensure that preemption
would happen to containers on the preemptable queue if they were needed for an application
on another queue.- Ran successful streaming and yarn shell tests
>Junping, I did have a concern about labelled nodes and queues. Is full label support backported
to 2.6.4? I see that the syntax for the rmadmin command lists label commands like -addToClusterNodeLabels
and -replaceLabelsOnNode. I was able to add a label (using -addToClusterNodeLabels) and I
was able to define a queue whose accessible node label was listed with my specified label.
However, when I tried to set the node label to a specific node using -replaceLabelsOnNode,
the label does not show up on the specified node in cluster nodes UI (http://RM:8088/cluster/nodes).
I also confirmed that submitting a job to the labelled queue gets accepted but never runs,
which is the behavior I would expect if no node had the specified label. I will also add that
this procedure works fine in 2.7.

<yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
"common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 1:01 AM
> Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 RC0
>

>Hi community folks,
>  I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 (the next maintenance release
to follow up 2.6.3.) according to email thread of release plan 2.6.4 [1]. Below is details
of this release candidate: