hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] New ASF git policy on force-pushes / Tags / Stale branches
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 05:04:26 GMT
It kind of got lost through my email, but when I talked about force-push, it is almost completely
in the context of feature-branch rebase.

We almost never do force-push outside of this context, neither do we encourage it. And like
I pointed, the fact that the mainline branches (trunk, branch-2 etc) are already protected
against force-pushes, and the latest infra’s change to notify force-pushes as explicitly
marked so, are good enough for handling them IMO.

Thanks
+Vinod