hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UPDATE] New ASF git policy on force-pushes / Tags / Stale branches
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2016 23:38:17 GMT
I guess he didn’t fetch the remote correctly.

Thanks for taking care of this everyone. I just deleted brachn-2.8 (misspelled branch) to
close the loop on this one.

Thanks
+Vinod

> On Jan 15, 2016, at 8:44 AM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I deleted all the obsolete 2928 branches (except for YARN-2928 and feature-YARN-2928)
a few days ago. Do you still see them?

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com <mailto:jdu@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
> There are also several stale branches for YARN-2928 that we should consolidate:
>   remotes/origin/YARN-2928
>   remotes/origin/YARN-2928-new
>   remotes/origin/YARN-2928-old
>   remotes/origin/YARN-2928-old-2015-11-09
>   remotes/origin/YARN-2928-rebase
>   remotes/origin/feature-YARN-2928  (the latest one)
> I think we should remove all stale ones and rename the latest one feature-YARN-2928 to
YARN-2928 to follow our practice for branch development. Thoughts?

on behalf of Sangjin Lee <sjlee@apache.org <mailto:sjlee@apache.org>>
> Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 7:17 AM
> To: yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org <mailto:yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
> Cc: Hadoop Common; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org <mailto:hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;