hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Payne <eric.payne1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 22:27:50 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

- Downloaded and built the source

- Installed on 3-node, non-secured cluster
- Ran 2 jobs, one in preemptable queue and one not. Containers were preempted until the app
in the non-preemptable queue was balanced with the app running in the preemptable queue, and
then preemption stopped, as expected.

- Labelled 1 queue (of 3) and ran jobs on labelled queue. All containers (including AM) ran
on labelled nodes, as expected. One minor issue is that when the job was running on the labelled
queue, it ran fine but the cluster scheduler web UI showed a blank status bar for that queue
in the "Application Queues" section.
- Tested to make sure application data is preserved in the generic application history server
when the AM crashes during startup (e.g., exceeds max splits).

-Eric Payne

________________________________
From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>
To: Hadoop Common <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:57 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC2

Hi all,

I've created an updated release candidate RC2 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.1.

The RC is available for validation at: http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC2/

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC2

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/>
at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1027>

The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html.
I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC2/releasenotes.html <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html>
for your quick perusal.

As you may have noted,
- I terminated the RC1 related voting thread after finding out that we didn’t have a bunch
of patches that are already in the released 2.6.3 version. After a brief discussion, we decided
to keep the parallel 2.6.x and 2.7.x releases incremental, see [4] for this discussion.
- The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while again
for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for details.
- Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This release's
related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,
Vinod

[1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
[2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>