hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Li Lu <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Looking to a 2.8.0 release
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:24:24 GMT

On Nov 11, 2015, at 12:13, Vinod Vavilapalli <vinodkv@hortonworks.com<mailto:vinodkv@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

   — YARN Timeline Service v1.5 - YARN-4233: A short term bridge before YARN-2928 comes
around. I think this should go in given the tremendous activity recently.

+1, let’s target ATS v1.5 work to 2.8. Most critical patches will be ready for review this
week. YARN-4234 also addresses the versioning problem for ATS v1, v1.5, and v2, which will
bridge the gap between v1 and v2.

   — YARN Timeline Service Next generation: YARN-2928: Lots of momentum, but clearly a work
in progress. Two options here
       — If it is safe to ship it into 2.8 in a disable manner, we can get the early code
into trunk and all the way int o2.8.

Let’s review all changes in YARN-2928 branch and evaluate their impact on the upstream code.
Right now in YARN-2928 branch we’ve modified RM/NM/Distributed shell and MR. Before we make
a decision on this I think we need to review their effects so that ATS v2 (in its alpha mode)
is not affecting existing parts.

       — If it is not safe, it organically rolls over into 2.9

Sure.