hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
Subject Need for force-push on feature branches
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:07:24 GMT
Hi folks,

Recently, Infra disabled force-pushes (and non-fast-forward pushes) to all
branches to avoid accidental overwrites or deletions.

I propose we reach out to Infra and ask for an exemption since our workflow
for feature branches involves deletions and force-pushes.

We should likely wait for a day or so to hear any concerns against this
request. Also, can someone volunteer following up on this? I am going away
on vacation shortly, and will have limited access to internet/email.

Karthik