hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Github integration for Hadoop
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2015 02:05:07 GMT
Thanks, Allen, I wasn't aware that Yetus now supported testing for
other branches.  Is there documentation about how to name the branch
so it gets tested?

best,
Colin

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 12, 2015, at 10:55 AM, Colin P. McCabe <cmccabe@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> gerrit has a button on the UI to cherry-pick to different branches.
>> The button creates separate "gerrit changes" which you can then
>> commit.  Eventually we could hook those up to Jenkins-- something
>> which we've never been able to do for different branches with the
>> patch-file-based workflow.
>

>         If you’re saying what I think you’re saying, people have been able to submit
patches via JIRA patch file attachment to major branches for a few months now. Yetus closes
the loop and supports pretty much any branch or git hash.  (Github PRs also go to their respective
branch or git hash as well.)