hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: continuing releases on Apache Hadoop 2.6.x
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 19:45:30 GMT
Just to stress on the following, it is very important that any critical bug-fixes that we push
into 2.8.0 or even trunk, we should consider them for 2.6.3 and 2.7.3 if it makes sense. This
is the only way we can avoid extremely long release cycles like that of 2.6.1.

Also, to clarify a little, use Target-version if you want a discussion of the backport, but
if you do end up backporting patches after that, you should set the fix-version to be 2.6.1.

Thanks
+Vinod