hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: Need for force-push on feature branches
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:21:54 GMT

> On Nov 12, 2015, at 10:14 AM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee0@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think we're proposing project-specific rules. It would be a
> recognition of the git branch name prefix "feature/".
>
> If the file name had "HADOOP-67890-HADOOP-12345.001.patch" where
> HADOOP-12345 was the feature JIRA but the git branch was
> "feature/HADOOP-12345", if yetus didn't find a branch named "HADOOP-12345",
> can it also look for "feature/HADOOP-12345" before failing the build?
> HADOOP-12345 can be any branch JIRA.

	In a “everyone in the world including outside the ASF wants this magic branch matching
happening” way, no, Yetus shouldn't do that.  If Yetus added a flag to the JIRA plugin where
this patch file naming stuff happens or make it a personality setting, then potentially yes.
 Yetus isn’t just Hadoop and it’s important to remember that when requesting additions.