hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: Status: hadoop-common precommit
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:24:44 GMT

On Oct 19, 2015, at 11:09 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Could we make it so we run RAT after building docs but before running
> tests? I think that's what's causing these issues, it looks like temp
> output from running tests. This would be a nice intermediate step toward
> that plug-in you mentioned, since test output is certainly not part of the
> release tarball.

	There’s no real guarantee of the order a dev or worse the RE might run the build in, however.
 The current order tests the worst possible case, and as a result discovered these bugs in
the build that have been there for a very long time.  So moving the test to hide bad results
sound counterproductive to me.  (It also might point to potential issues with parallel tests,
but that’s very case-by-case dependent of course.)

	Besides, with JDK8 now being tested against, these are likely the easier problems to fix
given how broken javadoc is… ;)