hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 18:34:17 GMT
Got swamped again.

We already have about 112 patches in 2.7.2 already.

There are 15 open tickets in progress. I’ll push progress on them for an RC towards end
of this week.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Sep 25, 2015, at 3:27 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org<mailto:vinodkv@apache.org>>
wrote:

Hi all,

We released 2.7.1 nearly 2.5 months ago. I got caught up with a very long release process
for 2.6.1 so couldn't make progress on a 2.7.2. Now is the time!

Things to do

 (#1) Branch
    -- Branch 2.7 has been open to 2.7.2 commits for a while.
    -- In order to converge on a release, I will branch out 2.7.2 soon.

  (#2) Patches
    -- 2.7.2 already has a boat load [1] of fixes.
    -- The list of open blocker / critical tickets [2] is not small. I'll start triaging and
see what can make it in a week or so of time.

  (#3) Release
    -- Even if we can get half of the blocker / critical tickets in, the full list [3] will
be big enough for us to start voting on an RC in no less than a week.
    -- Leaving aside some buffer time, I plan to start RC process by end of first week of
October.

Thoughts?

Appreciate help in moving open tickets [2] forward.

A general note:  Please consider putting any critical / blocker tickets on 2.8 into 2.6.2
and 2.7.2 releases.

Thanks
+Vinod

[1] 2.7.2 Fixed Tickets: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12333473