hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: Status: hadoop-common precommit
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:43:40 GMT

On Oct 19, 2015, at 9:21 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Question, are these errors from running apache-rat:check after running
> tests? build/test/data looks like a carry-over from the ant days, where it
> was used instead of target/blah/blah. Point being, I thought we only needed
> to run RAT on a clean source directory.

It was moved to after to account for files generated as part of the build that are then packaged
up, such as documentation.  Those also have to be properly licensed.  In the future, I could
easily see a Yetus plug-in that rips apart a release artifact and verifies it, but we’re
not quite that advanced yet.