hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: Github integration for Hadoop
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:22:36 GMT

> * Have we tried our precommit on PRs yet? Does it work for multiple
> branches? Is there a way to enforce rebase+squash vs. merge on the PR,
> since, per Allen, Yetus requires one commit to work?

	I don’t know about the Jenkins-side of things (e.g., how does Jenkins trigger a build?).
 As far as Yetus is concerned, here’s the functionality that has been written:

	* Pull patches from Github by PR #
	* Comment on patches in Github, given credentials
	* Comment on specific lines in Github, given credentials
	* Test patches against the branch/repo that the pull request is against
	* GH<->JIRA intelligence such that if a PR mentions an issue as the leading text in
the subject line or an issue mentions a PR in the comments, pull from github and put a comment
in both places (again, given credentials)