hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <Alan.Burli...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: DomainSocket issues on Solaris
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 18:52:58 GMT
On 06/10/2015 17:03, Chris Nauroth wrote:

> Alan, would you please list the specific patches/JIRA issues that broke
> compatibility?  I have not been reviewing the native code lately, so it
> would help me catch up quickly if you already know which specific patches
> have introduced problems.  If those patches currently reside only on trunk
> and branch-2, then they have not yet shipped in an Apache release.  We'd
> still have an opportunity to fix them and avoid "dropping the match"
> before shipping 2.8.0.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11985 was the one I was
thinking about as it changed fields from final to static. I haven't
figured out what impact that has on the classes & shared object. Plus
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-12184 which removed some
fields.

--
Alan Burlison