hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Mingliang Liu <m...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Status: hadoop-common precommit
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:18:07 GMT
Thank you Allen for the detailed explanation, and thank you Haohui for moving the jira under
HADOOP.

Best,

Mingliang Liu
Member of Technical Staff - HDFS,
Hortonworks Inc.
mliu@hortonworks.com

> On Oct 23, 2015, at 7:34 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:
>

> On Oct 23, 2015, at 7:17 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 22, 2015, at 11:37 PM, Mingliang Liu <mliu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your reply and investigation, Allen.
>>>
>>> Yes, the HDFS-Build/13119 did fail because of the git plugin was not able to
clean workspace.

>>> The early build HDFS-Build/13114 and latest builds (HDFS-Build/13134<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/13134/>
and HDFS-Build/13145<https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/13145/>) are
failing not because of the “git clean” command. The “class not found” exception can
not be reproduced locally (Mac and Linux). The patch basically moves HdfsConfiguration class
from hadoop-hdfs module to hadoop-hdfs-client.

> 	Actually, these are probably (again) the shared maven cache problem… and since this
patch (also) is making an already backwards incompatible change that’s not marked as backwards
incompatible even worse, of course the class disappears when the DAILY BUILDS, NIGHTLY BUILDS,
or ANY OTHER JENKINS JOB blows away the cached jar in the middle of the test run.  Plus, since
HDFS takes FOREVER to run, the chances of this happening is EXTREMELY HIGH.

> 	Once again, with feeling:
>
> 	HADOOP -> Yetus’ test-patch, which supports per-instance maven repos
> 	HDFS -> trunk’s test-patch, which does not
> 	MAPREDUCE -> trunk’s test-patch, which does not
> 	YARN -> trunk’s test-patch, which does not
>
> 	So yes, HDFS is still having the exact same problems it has had for the past few months.
It’s the same code that’s been running  since like July.

> 	I’m tempted to switch the rest of the builds over to Yetus since some teams are having
trouble grasping this concept.  If you want to test your patch on Yetus, open a jira under
HADOOP and run it there.