hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: UGI: createProxyUser in simple auth cluster
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 20:03:50 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Yes, it is possible to use UserGroupInformation#createProxyUser in an
unsecured (simple authentication) cluster.  You'll still need to specify
in configuration which users can do impersonation, which originating hosts
those users may perform impersonation from, and which groups of other
users they may impersonate.  This configuration is documented here:

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/Supe
rusers.html

Other projects in the Hadoop ecosystem, such as Oozie, may have additional
configuration requirements to support proxy users.  Please see the
documentation for those projects if needed.

I hope this helps.

--Chris Nauroth