hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CHANGES.TXT
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 00:15:12 GMT
Let's stay focused on the title of the thread-- CHANGES.txt-- and
discuss issues surrounding releasing trunk in a separate thread.

Colin

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:

>         Given that we haven’t had a single minor release in the “stable” era of
branch-2 that didn’t break compatibility, we should just declare defeat and make regular
releases from trunk as the next 2.x.  Then the whole “back port” thing becomes moot.
We’ve already trained users that they need to double check everything they are currently
doing, so might as well make it official and start cutting releases on a scheduled basis.