hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Local repo sharing for maven builds
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:56:51 GMT

> On 22 Sep 2015, at 12:16, Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com>
wrote:

> After using timestamped jars, hadoop-hdfs module might still continue to use earlier
timestamped jars (correct) and may complete run.But later modules might refer to updated jars
which are from some other build.

why?

If I do a build with a forced mvn versions set first,

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=3.0.0.20120922155143

then maven will go through all the poms and set the version.

the main source of trouble there would be any patch to a pom whose diff was close enough to
the version value that the patch wouldn't apply