hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: [YETUS] let's start getting some releases out the door
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 22:53:44 GMT

On Aug 27, 2015, at 8:21 AM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Allen, you've been chugging away at the build support changes in
> test-patch[4]. That looks like it's going to change a bunch of stuff.
> Should we wait for it to land to have an initial release?

	I think so, yes.  It’s getting very very close to finished. Adding gradle & scala support
requires a lot of deep changes with some major API changes to go with them.   I’d rather
get those in sooner rather than later, since those changes open the door to add even more
build tools and compiled language support in a much easier fashion.

> Thoughts? Concerns? Other things folks want to make sure get done? Maybe
> the build question for test-patch[5]? ;)

	HADOOP-12298 is definitely a blocker.  Otherwise builds break and the output is weird with
mvn site.