hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: [Test-Patch TLP] consensus on naming
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:21:26 GMT
On Jul 17, 2015, at 3:07 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>> On 16 Jul 2015, at 16:05, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:
>>
>> “convert this directory of TAP-formatted files to JUnit XML”.
>
> FWIW it's Ant JUnit XML Reporter-formatted XML. Just to make the origins clear: it's
an ASF format written in, 2000 or 2001, probably by sballiez, who also did the XSL stylesheets.

> we own it, but the way its widely used now means we can't fix it directly

It actually occurred to me this morning that I'm solving the wrong problem.  Our development
workflows don't care if Jenkins or Maven understand TAP.  I just need to add TAP support to
test-patch directly and make sure that the build fails when TAP tests say it should fail.
 This simplifies the problem tremendously.