hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@altiscale.com>
Subject Re: [Test-Patch TLP] consensus on naming
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:05:48 GMT

On Jul 15, 2015, at 11:22 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita <brunodepaulak@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Good points. This layer between Jenkins and the unit tests seems useful.

	Thanks!

	We think so too!  It’s why we’re working on pulling the code out of Hadoop to make it
more generalized for lots of different projects.

> You can use something like this Perl script [1] to convert the output of bats TAP to
JUnit. I tested it locally and the XML looked good. It would be possible to use tap4j for
that too, but I think it would be not very efficient unless you already had a JVM running
or needed to integrate it with Jenkins.

	JVM startup costs aren’t a problem because we’d want to do this inside maven.  So it’d
be *extremely* useful if tap4j’s maven plugin had a hook that said “convert this directory
of TAP-formatted files to JUnit XML”.  [We post-process the JUnit XML.]

	I’ll take a look at the perl code.  Thanks!