hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Where to put some code examples?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:03:31 GMT
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Ray Chiang <rchiang@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Thanks, dev-support sounds good.  The only question I have is that there
> isn't a pom.xml there now.  Is that something we'd want to have there?  And
> should it at least be linked to the main build via some option, like -Pdev?

I was working under the assumption that they'd be independent project poms
that a dev would have to actively change directories to use.

If they're hooked into the main build, I'd say add a new module instead. We
already have a few "foo-examples" modules, so maybe flag it as
"foo-internal-examples" to distinguish from things downstream users should
be looking to for guidance.

--
Sean