hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] project for pre-commit patch testing (was Re: upstream jenkins build broken?)
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:03:19 GMT

> On 17 Jun 2015, at 03:55, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> The name is, of course, up to the proposed PMC. As a bit of background, the
> current name Yetus fulfills Allen's desire to have something shell related
> and my desire to have a project that starts with Y (there are currently no
> ASF projects that start with Y). The universe of names that fill in these
> two is very small, AFAICT. I did a brief suitability search and didn't find
> any blockers.

Apache YouBrokeTheBuild?

I'd thought of "yeti", but there's a couple of software projects/products called that already.

Here's a complete list of things that live alongside elephants in Tanzania; nothing beginning
with Y

http://www.serengeti.org/animals.html

if you pick one from that list I may have a photo for your slides