hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <Alan.Burli...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: CMake and CMAKE_LD_FLAGS
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:44:47 GMT
On 15/06/2015 22:59, Colin P. McCabe wrote:

> I think you are right that CMAKE_LD_FLAGS has never done anything, and
> setting it was always a mistake.
>
> The uses of CMAKE_LD_FLAGS in JNIFlags.cmake are harmless, since the
> -m32 option is not needed for the linker.  However, it's more
> concerning that hadoop-mapreduce-client-nativetask seems to be using
> this macro to set "-no-undefined -version-info 0:1:0" and some other
> stuff.
>
> Can you create a JIRA to change these uses over to the correct CMake
> directive?  If you create a JIRA that makes only that change, it
> should be pretty quick to review and commit.

I've included this in my CMake update patch wad, the
hadoop-mapreduce-client-nativetask change will be part of MAPREDUCE-6390
and I'll be submitting patches shortly.

I tried adding "-no-undefined -version-info 0:1:0" to the correct CMake
linker variables which just resulted in the compilation failing as they
aren't valid flags. As they weren't being used in any case I simply
removed them entirely. If someone can explain what they are supposed to
do and what the correct syntax is I can add them back, but I see little
point as hadoop-mapreduce-client-nativetask is built without them at the
moment, and presumably works just fine.

--
Alan Burlison