hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Ivanov <ivanov...@mail.ru>
Subject Re[2]: checkstyle usage in hadoop
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:56:05 GMT
 Hi,

As you be ready please make post at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/checkstyle-devel/5uOTTxy-jzc

does it make sense to create JIRA issue ?

thanks,
Roman Ivanov

Понедельник, 29 июня 2015, 9:35 -07:00 от Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com>:

>On Jun 27, 2015, at 1:53 PM, Roman Ivanov < ivanov-jr@mail.ru > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>Howdy!
>
>> I noticed Checksyle usage in Hadoop project  https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/hadoop-build-tools/src/main/resources/checkstyle/checkstyle.xml
>>
>> but latest sources generate about 200 errors by command "mvn clean compile checkstyle:check”
>

>Yup.  While Hadoop has had checkstyle enabled for a very long time, it’s pretty much
been ignored until recently when we integrated it with our pre-patch checks.

>> If Hadoop team fix all errors(warnings are not considered for now) I will put Hadoop
project to Checkstyle regression testing,
>> that will ensure no regressions on each commit to Checkstyle against Hadoop sources.
>>
>> Both of our project will benefit from that.
>
>Thank you for the offer!  It is much appreciated!
>
>There’s no doubt this would be a benefit to both teams and it would be tremendous to
be part of the checkstyle regression testing.  Realistically, however, unless someone from
the community steps up to make it a priority to fix the issues, we’ll likely remain broken
for a while. :(

Roman Ivanov