hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Accessing a Configuration Description
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 20:20:03 GMT
Hello Lewis,

The contents of <description> elements are not parsed and held in the
Configuration data structure at runtime, so there isn't any way to access
them programmatically.  You can of course use external tools to parse the
files directly and pull out the <description>.  For example, we use XSL in
the project's documentation to build an HTML table of the configuration
properties, including <description>.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/core
-default.xml

--Chris Nauroth