hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-9279 still not fixed, needs reopening
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 16:38:55 GMT
I usually tell people starting fresh to do "mvn clean install -Pnative
-DskipTests" as a first step.  That's a good validation of your build
environment, and it will put a SNAPSHOT version of each sub-module into
your local Maven repository.  After that, you can do smaller incremental
builds by cd'ing into hadoop-hdfs or hadoop-yarn-server-nodemanager or
anything else and running things like "mvn test" for just that sub-module.

--Chris Nauroth