hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jenkins precommit-*-build
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 01:18:53 GMT
Thanks, Allen.  This has long been a thorn in our side, and it's
really good to see someone work on it.

cheers,
Colin

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@altiscale.com> wrote:
> TL;DR:
>
>         Heads up:  I’m going to hack on these scripts to fix the race conditions.
>
> ====
>
>         Presently, we have a pretty wicked race condition in the precommit scripts, namely
writing to a directory that is outside of Jenkins' workspace directory.  I’ve committed
changes this morning that should allow us to run test-patch.sh inside the source directory
without triggering rat checks, will survive a git clean, etc. so long as we use a Well Known
Directory for test-patch.sh’s tmp space.  That’s one half of the race condition.  The
other half is that now Jenkins needs to be configured to use this directory.  That requires
changes in Jenkins.

>         I’ll be making the changes to the HADOOP precommit here in a bit.  I’ll kick
off some runs and watch for any issues.  If not, I’ll be syncing the HDFS, YARN, & MR
pre commit scripts. (right now, there are slight differences between them. Hooray!)