hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject A 2.7.1 release to follow up 2.7.0
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:48:42 GMT
Hi all,

I feel like we haven't done a great job of maintaining the previous 2.x
releases. Seeing as how long 2.7.0 release has taken, I am sure we will
spend more time stabilizing it, fixing issues etc.

I propose that we immediately follow up 2.7.0 with a 2.7.1 within 2-3
weeks. The focus obviously is to have blocker issues, bug-fixes and *no*
features. Improvements are going to be slightly hard to reason about, but I
propose limiting ourselves to very small improvements, if at all.

The other area of concern with the previous releases had been
compatibility. With help from Li Lu, I got jdiff reinstated in branch-2
(though patches are not yet in), and did a pass. In the unavoidable event
that we find incompatibilities with 2.7.0, we can fix those in 2.7.1 and
promote that to be the stable release.

Thoughts?

Thanks,+Vinod