hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mai Haohui <ricet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A 2.7.1 release to follow up 2.7.0
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 20:50:04 GMT
+1. It has been a long delay for 2.7.0. It's a good time to push it out.

~Haohui

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> There's a couple of S3a fixes coming along which could go into a 2.7.1; they've been
held back to avoid rushing them in to 2.7.0 last-minute.
>
>> On 9 Apr 2015, at 20:33, Junping Du <jdu@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 (non-binding).
>> The plan sounds reasonable. We should make our release train more fast-moving, and
predictable - it could benefit our community and ecosystem in many aspects.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Junping
>> ________________________________________
>> From: Arpit Agarwal <aagarwal@hortonworks.com>
>> Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 8:23 PM
>> To: hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
>> Cc: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
>> Subject: Re: A 2.7.1 release to follow up 2.7.0
>>
>> +1 for 2.7.1 and +1 for promoting it to 'stable', assuming it includes no new features
or gratuitous improvements.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Arpit
>>
>>
>> On 4/9/15, 11:48 AM, "Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli" <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I feel like we haven't done a great job of maintaining the previous 2.x
>>> releases. Seeing as how long 2.7.0 release has taken, I am sure we will
>>> spend more time stabilizing it, fixing issues etc.
>>>
>>> I propose that we immediately follow up 2.7.0 with a 2.7.1 within 2-3
>>> weeks. The focus obviously is to have blocker issues, bug-fixes and *no*
>>> features. Improvements are going to be slightly hard to reason about, but I
>>> propose limiting ourselves to very small improvements, if at all.
>>>
>>> The other area of concern with the previous releases had been
>>> compatibility. With help from Li Lu, I got jdiff reinstated in branch-2
>>> (though patches are not yet in), and did a pass. In the unavoidable event
>>> that we find incompatibilities with 2.7.0, we can fix those in 2.7.1 and
>>> promote that to be the stable release.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks,+Vinod
>

Mime
View raw message