hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Arpit Agarwal <aagar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.0 RC0
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 22:35:51 GMT
+1 for calling 2.7.0 an alpha.

There are a couple of more issues related to incorrect handling of timestamps.

1. HDFS-8163 - Using monotonicNow for block report scheduling causes test failures on recently
restarted systems
2. HDFS-8179 - DFSClient#getServerDefaults returns null within 1 hour of NN start

Tagged both as blockers for 2.7.1.

On 4/17/15, 7:12 AM, "Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli" <vinodkv@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>Quick look tells me this is a bug that needs fixing.
>
>Am on the road, so couldn't close the vote right after 5 days.
>
>Seeing as this is coming up beyond the voting period, unless you feel strongly against
it, I'd like to close the vote as a success but do the following: call this release an alpha
for downstream consumption in line with my original proposal, following it up with a 2.7.1
in two weeks.

>Thanks
>+Vinod
>
>On Apr 17, 2015, at 2:27 AM, Colin P. McCabe <cmccabe@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I would like to fix HDFS-8070, which just came to light.  The impact
>> is that if this isn't fixed, 2.6 clients will be unable to do
>> short-circuit reads against 2.7 datanodes.
>>
>> best,
>> Colin
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Brahma Reddy Battula
>> <brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com> wrote:
>>> Need Jcardar changes to support java 7 Byte code..I will work along with Todd
to get jcardar..

>>> Thanks & Regards
>>> Brahma Reddy Battula

that compiled Java 7 class files. Jcarder needs to updated to support Java 7 byte code..

RC0.