hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.0 RC0
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:02:24 GMT
Tx Pat. This is really interesting news!

+Vinod

On Apr 14, 2015, at 11:18 PM, Pat White <patwhite@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:

> +1 non-binding
> Ran a performance comparison of 2.6.0 Latest with 2.7.0 RC, looks good, no regressions
observed, most metrics are well within 5%  tolerance (dfsio, sort, amrestart, gmv3) and some
tests (scan, amscale, compression, shuffle) appear to have improvements.

> Disclaimer, please note a JDK difference, 2.6.0 ran with jdk1.7 while 2.7.0 had jdk1.8,
so some of the improvement may be from Java 1.8.0, that said, the 2.7.0 benchmarks compare
well against current 2.6.0.

mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
to use this as a starting release for 2.7.x [1], depending onhow it goes, get it stabilized
and potentially use a 2.7.1 in a fewweeks as the stable release.